Driving digital transformation
As a storyteller my passion is to connect with people like you in business, find the stories that move your audiences, and communicate to them through digital means.
My assignments in such diverse and inter-connected fields as journalism, publishing, advertising, digital marketing, and information technology have shaped my thinking, knowledge, and expertise. I am adept at connecting the dots to find practical solutions, implementing ideal workflows, and maintaining end-to-end processes.
- Designs multichannel content strategies
- Writes, edits, produces, and creates content to support the execution of content strategy
- Develops end-to-end web and app content publishing workflows
- Monitors and maintains content management systems [CMS]
- Adheres to AODA compliance and SEO
- Identifies data gaps and creating customised analytics reports to capture missing marketing and communications opportunities
- Structures and implements marketing strategies to grow business and brand awareness
- Creates email campaigns and workflows on multiple platforms
- App publishing platforms: Apple, Android, Mag+, BiznessApps, Shout’em, Appery, Good Barber
- Adobe CC: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, XD, Flash Pro
- Content management: WordPress, SharePoint, Drupal, HTML, CSS
- Analytics: Google, Localytics, Flurry, Apple, Android
- Email marketing: Silverpop IBM, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, MailChimp
- Other projects: Multimedia modules, interactive charts and graphs, integration of QuickBooks Online, WooCommerce, PayPal, and Square with WordPress
- Digital Publishing platforms: FlippingBook Publisher, InDesign, Mag+
eMarketing [Digital]. 2015 – 2019
Responsible for converting traditional marketing media to online platforms to drive awareness and increase customer engagement resulting in an increased online brand presence and competitiveness.
Leveraged technical knowledge with marketing concepts to identify and implement innovative solutions. Created best practices and workflows for publishing digital content to mobile platforms.
- Developed, implemented and maintained ivari’s first-ever marketing apps creating a new communications channel for financial advisors.
- Implemented the end-to-end process of creating and submitting apps to the App and Play stores for both public and enterprise apps creating a new content workflow.
- Developed and implemented publishing of marketing materials to apps; optimized and centralized content updates by integrating content management systems with app platforms. Reduced content publishing timeline from more than two months to less than a week.
- Created brand guidelines and help videos to increase app acceptance internally and externally
- Maintained CMS platforms (WordPress, SharePoint, Mag+) and content updates
- Developed marketing and communications strategies to showcase the process and increase adoption of the app among financial advisors
Transamerica Life Canada,
Manager, eMarketing [Digital]. 2012 – 2015
This role was responsible for identifying best-in-class solutions to reduce the organization’s carbon footprint and transition all enterprise marketing materials online.
- Demonstrated substantial savings in publishing marketing materials resulting in a cost reduction of 90% and improving workflow process by 75%.
- Developed demo apps on multiple app publishing platforms including Adobe DPS, Good Barber, Appery, and Shout’em. Managed digital assets: websites, mobile sites, ePUB
- Demonstrated improvement in user experience and creativity for marketing team and tracking/analytics capabilities
- Worked on multiple prototypes (product guides/brochures) resulting in adopting the best solution based on current workflows. The learning curve was significantly minimized as the solution leveraged existing employee skillset.
- Developed, designed, and showcased multiple solutions to highlight financial data using interactive charts, graphs, maps, and infographics which helped make numbers fun and readable.
- Volunteered as an innovation ambassador to promote problem solving
Transamerica Life Canada,
Business Systems Analyst [IT]. 2009 – 2012
- Restructured and re-designed Transamerica’s corporate website increasing traffic by more than 50%. Created the site in HTML5 and CSS and worked with a .NET developer to move it to the SharePoint platform.
- Provided support to inter-departmental SharePoint sites; followed the SDLC process under waterfall and agile methodologies. Documented RFP, DSDs; and BRDs for multiple projects
- Editor of Flash News, an IT quarterly publication … initiative, interviewed, increase awareness and communications all of Canada employees
Senior Web Developer [IT]. 2001 – 2009
This multi-faceted role addressed all sections of the digital landscape including developing interactive modules, updating content, and managing multiple web properties.
- Developed digital infrastructure. Structured, designed, revamped, developed, and maintained Conquest Vacations’ websites; provided tools and training for employees to update content.
- Developed RSS feeds for daily update of prices and news flashes.
- Created micro-sites for niche clientele such as hotels and hotel groups for promotions.
- Designed and created the online version of magazines (brochures, inflight magazines).
- Deployed and maintained web measurement tools (HBX Analytics and Google Analytics) and custom metrics for external and internal advertisement tracking.
- Project leader for finding new methods to push news and updates to travel agents
- Collaborated with internal and external vendors for marketing and advertising initiatives
- Coordinated and developed editorial and graphic content, navigation, and usability methodologies.
- Designed and developed interactive and multimedia ads. Developed interactive online maps, created product launch presentations comprising multimedia elements (audio and video streaming).
Writers’ Community of Durham Region, 2017 – current
Implemented a new eCommerce website.
In the process of implementing membership modules with subscription, online payments, booking, and author profiles.
GTOB, 2010 – current
Digital head of a community-based organization managing web content
Implemented a new POS and eCommerce system
Integrating the backend [POS} with an online store, online booking of services and payments